COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements
from TakeCare Insurance Co & FHP Health Center
TakeCare’s highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, families, and community while continuing to serve our members at the highest level possible.
Here is what you can expect on TakeCare’s services:
- TakeCare office hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm at our Guam and Saipan administrative offices. We encourage our members and customers to transact business over the phone or via email. If it is critical to visit our Guam and/or Saipan office, please schedule an appointment and see instructions below.
- Customer Service and Medical Referral Services (“MRS”) are open for walk-ins but appointments are encouraged to avoid long wait times.
- For urgent eligibility or coverage inquiries, members are advised to call TakeCare Customer Service at (671) 647-3526, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST. Non-urgent inquiries should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For medical referral or prior authorization inquiries or requests, please call TakeCare MRS at (671) 300-5995 or via email email@example.com
- Appointments are available for Customer Service and/or Medical Management for any member and referral inquiries from Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST. Appointments for claims, provider relations, and check pickup are available Monday- Friday, 11am-4pm ChST.
Office Visits (appointments or walk-ins)
A limited number of our Guam Customer Service and Medical Management staff are available to meet with you in person by appointment or walk-ins at our Tamuning or Garapan offices. Please call (671) 647-3526 (Guam) or (670) 235-0994 (Saipan) to schedule an advanced appointment.
Face Coverings are encouraged
Masking up is strongly recommended, but not required. Please be kind to those who choose to wear a mask. If you are not wearing a mask and you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you will not be allowed to enter the office. Face masks will be provided upon request.
Drop Box Available
A drop box for documents and payments is available at TakeCare’s Customer Service offices in Tamuning and Garapan.
Pay Online Service Available
Members may visit our website on www.takecareasia.com to make payments on Medical and/or Dental Premiums
Temporary Benefit Enhancements
To increase access to selected services related to COVID-19, we’ve updated our TakeCare coverage policy to cover the following services from March 16, 2020 to October 13, 2022, or until the public health emergency is extended or terminated earlier by the US Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS).
Beginning January 15, 2022, TakeCare is covering FDA-authorized, at-home, over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 test kits through its network pharmacies at no cost to any eligible members until the public health emergency is terminated by the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS). Click here for more details.
TakeCare will cover the administration of FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines without any cost to you, as a TakeCare member, only when provided by a facility, medical clinic, or pharmacy approved to participate in the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (“CDC”) COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, TakeCare covers, at no cost to you as a member, the initial testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) based on CDC’s criteria and physician’s evaluation & determination. TakeCare provides on its website a “CDC COVID-19 SELF-CHECKER” link to the CDC page which lists the symptoms of COVID-19 and other helpful information.
- If you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms but your physician has evaluated and determined that you’ve had close contact or were exposed, for at least 15 minutes, to someone who’s been diagnosed positive for COVID-19, TakeCare covers the initial COVID-19 testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) at no cost to you as a member.
- TakeCare has expanded its Telemedicine benefit coverage to include audio and video services using a computer, tablet or smartphone in addition to phone consultation for primary and specialist consultation. TakeCare encourages its members to use telemedicine services to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services. When related to COVID-19 testing and associated visit, applicable member share (copay, coinsurance, deductible) is waived. Otherwise, member share applies. (Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services).
- COVID-19 testing performed by the Guam Department of Public Health (DPHSS) or the CNMI Community-Based COVID-19 Testing Initiative/Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) are not covered by TakeCare. In these cases, the cost the test is borne by these government entities.
***The updates and guidance from DPHSS and the CDC are fluid and ever changing as this 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues. We will adapt our operating procedures and how we apply our benefits accordingly. ***
Effective April 27, 2022, the Contracting & Credentialing Dept 102 will discontinue scheduling Provider(s) appointments for check pickups.
You may reach us through the following e-mails:
Primary e-mail: TC.Provider@takecareasia.com
For urgent Contracting concerns, please correspond with:
Mobile: (671) 688-3069
Mobile: (671) 688-3069
Mobile: (671) 988-3586
Our claims team will continue to receive claims submission electronically via EDI.
- For providers who are currently submitting claims through TakeCare’s EDI system, you may continue to submit claims as is.
For providers that submit manual claims to our office, you may submit claims Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.
For Finance and Check pick-up:
- Courtesy Email notification of check release will be sent for those on pick up list. If not picked up within 5 business days, it will automatically be mailed out on the 6th day
- Pick Up schedule times - 11am-4pm, Monday to Friday (closed during holidays)
- Courtesy Email notification of check release will be sent for those on mailing list
We are continuing to monitor the news, updates, and guidance from DPHSS, World Health Organization, the CDC, and other agencies regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will adapt our operating procedures accordingly. For the latest updates, visit our website or follow us closely on social media.