COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements
from TakeCare Insurance Co & FHP Health Center
In an effort to be proactive with the current state of preparedness for COVID-19 on Guam and CNMI, TakeCare’s highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, families, and community while continuing to serve our members at the highest level possible. Here is what you can expect on TakeCare’s services:
- TakeCare will continue to operate Monday to Friday at our Guam and Saipan administrative offices. We encourage our members and customers to transact business over the phone or via email. If it is critical to visit our Guam and/or Saipan office, please schedule an appointment and see instructions below.
- Customer Service and Medical Referral Services (“MRS”) remain primarily available to you by phone or e-mail.
- For urgent eligibility or coverage inquiries, members are advised to call TakeCare Customer Service at (671) 647-3526, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST. Non-urgent inquiries should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For medical referral or prior authorization inquiries or requests, please call TakeCare MRS at (671) 300-5995 or via email email@example.com
- Appointments are available for Customer Service and/or Medical Management for any member and referral inquiries from Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm ChST. Appointments for claims, provider relations, and check pickup are available Monday- Friday, 11am-4pm ChST. Click here to download complete schedule.
Office Visits Available By Appointment
A limited number of our Guam Customer Service and Medical Management staff are available to meet with you in person by appointment at our Tamuning or Garapan offices if there is a genuine and urgent need for a face to face meeting.
Please call (671) 647-3526 (Guam) or (670) 235-0994 (Saipan) to schedule an advanced appointment. Visitors with a scheduled appointment will proceed to Customer Service for screening and check-in.
If you have scheduled an appointment for Provider Claims Drop-Off, Provider Check Pick-Up, Administration or Provider Relations, please proceed to Baltej 3rd Floor for self-screening and check-in. Only one visitor in the lobby at a time. Appointments are highly encouraged. **
Visitors with Temp>100F and Flu-Like Symptoms are not allowed inside; proceed to Urgent Care or see your PCP.
Our staff will strictly enforce the wearing of masks, temperature checks, and social distancing for anyone entering our offices for your safety and those around you. If you are not wearing a mask or if your temperature is over 100°F, you will not be allowed to enter the office. Face masks will not be provided.
Due to the restricted waiting area space and the need for temperature screening, we ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointed time. To maintain social distancing, you may also be asked to wait outside until we can service you.
In compliance with CDC and DPHSS COVID-19 guidelines on social distancing, only adults with appointments will be allowed to enter the office. If you need to be accompanied by someone during your visit, please make arrangements when scheduling your appointment.
These restrictions may be difficult for patients and their loved ones, but TakeCare is taking these necessary steps to protect you and our staff. Limiting the number of individuals in the office are temporary and are being done for the safety of everyone.
Drop Box Available
A drop box for documents and payments is available at TakeCare’s Customer Service offices in Tamuning and Garapan.
Pay Online Service Available
Members may visit our website on www.takecareasia.com to make payments on Medical and/or Dental Premiums
Temporary Benefit Enhancements
To increase access to selected services related to COVID-19, we’ve updated our TakeCare coverage policy to cover the following services from March 16, 2020 to July 15, 2022, or until the public health emergency is extended or terminated earlier by the US Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS).
Beginning January 15, 2022, TakeCare is covering FDA-authorized, at-home, over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 test kits through its network pharmacies at no cost to any eligible members until the public health emergency is terminated by the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS). Click here for more details.
TakeCare will cover the administration of FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines without any cost to you, as a TakeCare member, only when provided by a facility, medical clinic, or pharmacy approved to participate in the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (“CDC”) COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, TakeCare covers, at no cost to you as a member, the initial testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) based on CDC’s criteria and physician’s evaluation & determination. TakeCare provides on its website a “CDC COVID-19 SELF-CHECKER” link to the CDC page which lists the symptoms of COVID-19 and other helpful information.
- If you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms but your physician has evaluated and determined that you’ve had close contact or were exposed, for at least 15 minutes, to someone who’s been diagnosed positive for COVID-19, TakeCare covers the initial COVID-19 testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) at no cost to you as a member.
- TakeCare has expanded its Telemedicine benefit coverage to include audio and video services using a computer, tablet or smartphone in addition to phone consultation for primary and specialist consultation. TakeCare encourages its members to use telemedicine services to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services. When related to COVID-19 testing and associated visit, applicable member share (copay, coinsurance, deductible) is waived. Otherwise, member share applies. (Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services).
- COVID-19 testing performed by the Guam Department of Public Health (DPHSS) or the CNMI Community-Based COVID-19 Testing Initiative/Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) are not covered by TakeCare. In these cases, the cost the test is borne by these government entities.
In addition, TakeCare is temporarily extending the availability of its $500 travel benefit to approved urgent off-island referrals to our network providers in Taiwan, currently designated as a ‘low risk’ area by the Governor of Guam and the State Surgeon Physician Advisory Group.
The following temporary benefit enhancement is not covered effective June 1, 2020:
- Allowing for early medication refills at in-network retail pharmacies for an additional 30 days for members who meet criteria
***The updates and guidance from DPHSS and the CDC are fluid and ever changing as this 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues. We will adapt our operating procedures and how we apply our benefits accordingly. ***
Your provider relations team will continue working remotely to continue to provide you with limited services and through appointments only.
You may also reach us through the following e-mails:
Primary e-mail: TC.Provider@takecareasia.com
For urgent Contracting concerns, please correspond with:
Mobile: (671) 688-3069
Mobile: (671) 688-3069
Mobile: (671) 988-3586
Our claims team will continue to receive claims submission electronically via EDI.
- For providers who are currently submitting claims through TakeCare’s EDI system, you may continue to submit claims as is.
For providers that submit manual claims to our office, you may submit claims Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.
For Finance and Check pick-up:
- Courtesy Email notification of check release will be sent for those on pick up list. If not picked up within 5 business days, it will automatically be mailed out on the 6th day
- Pick Up schedule times - 11am-4pm, Monday to Friday (closed during holidays)
- Courtesy Email notification of check release will be sent for those on mailing list
We are continuing to monitor the news, updates, and guidance from DPHSS, World Health Organization, the CDC, and other agencies regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will adapt our operating procedures accordingly. For the latest updates, visit our website or follow us closely on social media.