Ready to enroll? It’s easy to join a TakeCare Plan
Thank you for considering TakeCare for your health care needs. At TakeCare, we are committed to giving you choices while delivering quality and affordable health care benefits and services that’s focused on you and your family needs.
If you are new to the federal workforce, consider the following questions to help you choose a plan that might be a best fit for you.
- Do you live/work in our service area? You can enroll with TakeCare if you live/work Guam, the CNMI, or Palau.
- What type of coverage will you need? Are you looking for just you, you and someone else, or you and your family?
- Will you need in-network or out-of-network-coverage? Check our Provider Search Tool to see if your doctor is included in our extensive network.
- Are you taking any prescription drugs? Use our Rx Search Tool to see what you'll pay based on your TakeCare medical plan choice, benefit tier, and prescription dosage.
Click HERE to ask a question or request for more information.
Refer to the videos and information below to review TakeCare’s 2022 plan options, enrollment codes, premiums and costs, and to access other important information.
Chapter 9 - Philippine Network
Chapter 10 - Travel Allowance
Chapter 11 - Wellness Programs
Chapter 12 - Wellness & Fitness Incentives and Fitness Partners
Chapter 13 - Self Reporting Fitness Incentives
Chapter 14 - Online Tools
Chapter 15 - Affinity Rewards
Chapter 16 - Health Savings Account
Chapter 17 - Rate Shares/Benefit Comparison
Chapter 18 - Wrapping Up Choose TakeCare
Request for a 2022 FEHB Benefit Packet
Click here to request a TakeCare information packet including the 2022 brochure.
TakeCare adds GRMC to its provider network
TakeCare has signed a long-term agreement with Guam Regional Medical City (GRMC) effective May 21, 2021. Under the agreement, TakeCare’s federal and commercial members now have in-network access to GRMC’s full range of medical services on Guam including cardiology, oncology/hematology, hyperbaric wound care, neurology, orthopedics, pulmonology, infectious disease, and other services such as, but not limited to, radiology, patient education, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and emergency services. Click here to learn more.
TakeCare welcomes back SDA Clinic to its provider network
TakeCare has signed an in-network provider agreement with the Seventh-day Adventist Guam Clinic (SDA Clinic). Covered services include primary care, OB/GYN, radiology, physical therapy, pharmacy, dental, and vision services. Click here to learn more.
TakeCare expands US provider network access for its federal members
Beginning January 1, 2022, TakeCare federal members will have in-network access to over 1.2 million healthcare providers in the continental US and Hawaii. This is made possible through TakeCare’s network affiliation with Multiplan, one of the largest network management companies in the country. Click here to learn more.
Surprising benefits you get with TakeCare's 2022 FEHB Medical Options
You might be surprised by the some of the great benefits offered by TakeCare, Click Here to see a few.
Massage therapy provider added to TakeCare’s network
Natural Ginger Spa in Tamuning has been added to TakeCare’s massage therapy network effective January 1, joining Sugar Hut Spa as a network provider. Click Here to learn more about the services offered.
Guam Serenity Massage added to TakeCare’s network
Guam Serenity Massage in Agana has been added to TakeCare’s massage therapy network, joining Sugar Hut Spa and Natural Ginger Spa as a network provider. Click Here to learn more about the services offered.
Benefits Reminder: As a federal member covered under TakeCare’s High or Standard Option, save money by having your generic medications covered at 100% and delivered directly to your home or PO Box for FREE! Click here to learn more.
TakeCare Adds Guam Radiology Consultants, Guam Medical Imaging Center, and Pacific Cardiology Consultants to its Guam Network Under this agreement, TakeCare’s eligible members now have in-network access to the largest imaging center in the Western Pacific with services including cardiology, interventional radiology, pain management, advanced women’s imaging, vascular care, nuclear medicine, and diagnostic radiology such as CT, MRI, US and DXA. Click here to learn more.
In-person Information Opportunities
Prefer to get your questions answered in person or want to pick up a packet or drop off a form?
Our customer service office are open in Tamuning and Garapan. For your safety and convenience, in-person visits by appointment is the preference but walk-ins are welcome.
Hours of operation are 8am to 5pm, Mondays – Fridays. The first hour (8am-9am) being reserved for manamko’ and those persons with disabilities.
To make an appointment in Tamuning, call us at (671) 647-3526 or via email at email@example.com. For Garapan, call us at (670) 235-0994.
Benefit Improvements for 2022
Here are the new benefit improvements being made to all three health plan options (High, Standard, and HDHP).
- Maternity Care (In-network) - TakeCare offers pre-natal and post-partum care at no member cost share when provided by in-network providers including the FHP Health Center, preferred in-network and other in-network providers.
- Medical Foods - In alignment with OPM initiatives, TakeCare is adding coverage of medical foods used to treat physician-diagnosed Inborn Errors of Metabolism (IEM). This benefit provides limited coverage of medical foods, including for pregnant women with Phenylketonuria (PKU) who do not receive an appropriate diet during their pregnancy and may have children unaffected by PKU but who, nevertheless, have birth defects related to the metabolically abnormal uterine environment.
- Biventricular Pacemakers - To ensure the appropriate standard of care is available to FEHB members and to minimize complications of cardiac surgery, TakeCare adds biventricular pacemakers to its list of covered devices. Preauthorization is required.
- Massage Therapy (In-network) - TakeCare has changed the member cost share for the in-network massage therapy benefit to $10 copayment/visit, up to 10 visits/benefit year. Subject to plan deductible on HDHP Option.
- No Surprises Act (NSA) – TakeCare’s plans are in compliance with the NSA protections that hold you harmless from unexpected bills from out-of-network providers in the US. For specific information on surprise billing, the rights and protections you have, and your responsibilities go to www.takecareasia.com/NSA
Please note this is a summary of benefit improvements to the TakeCare FEHB plan options for 2022. This isn’t the official statement of benefits. Please refer to the plan brochure for the detail.
* Effective January 1 2022, premium rate shares are the same for Non-Postal and Postal employees.Monthly shares can be found on the back page of the brochure.
The TakeCare Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for each of its 2022 Options and Uniform Glossary are available through the following links:
Other Important Links
- 2022 FEHB Benefit Brochure
- 2022 FEHB Welcome Booklet
- 2022 Non-FEHB Supplemental Wellness Package
- 2022 Non-FEHB Supplemental Dental Coverage
- Enrollment Form (enrollment now closed)
- 2022 TakeCare HDHP Pass through Application
- 2022 ASC Trust HSA Brochure, Enrollment Form
- 2022 TakeCare Health Savings Account (HSA) FAQ