COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements
from TakeCare Insurance Co & FHP Health Center
TakeCare’s highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, families, and community while continuing to serve our members at the highest level possible.
Here is what you can expect on TakeCare’s services:
- TakeCare office hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm at our Guam and Saipan administrative offices. We encourage our members and customers to transact business over the phone or via email. If it is critical to visit our Guam and/or Saipan office, please schedule an appointment and see instructions below.
- Customer Service and Medical Referral Services (“MRS”) are open for walk-ins but appointments are encouraged to avoid long wait times.
- For urgent eligibility or coverage inquiries, members are advised to call TakeCare Customer Service at (671) 647-3526, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST. Non-urgent inquiries should be sent to us at email@example.com.
- For medical referral or prior authorization inquiries or requests, please call TakeCare MRS at (671) 300-5995 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointments are available for Customer Service and/or Medical Management for any member and referral inquiries from Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm ChST. Appointments for claims, provider relations, and check pickup are available Monday- Friday, 11am-4pm ChST.
Office Visits (appointments or walk-ins)
A limited number of our Guam Customer Service and Medical Management staff are available to meet with you in person by appointment or walk-ins at our Tamuning or Garapan offices. Please call (671) 647-3526 (Guam) or (670) 235-0994 (Saipan) to schedule an advanced appointment.
Face Covering and Physical Social Distancing Required
Wearing face mask is required. Subject to applicable DPHSS guidance memoranda, TakeCare requires the use of face masks for everyone entering TakeCare’s office facilities, including healthcare providers, patients, visitors, and employees. Additionally, physical distancing shall be required in the healthcare settings where it will not interfere with the provision of care.
Drop Box Available
A drop box for documents and payments is available at TakeCare’s Customer Service offices in Tamuning and Garapan.
Pay Online Service Available
Members may visit our website on www.takecareasia.com to make payments on Medical and/or Dental Premiums
Temporary Benefit Enhancements
To increase access to selected services related to COVID-19, we’ve updated our TakeCare coverage policy to cover the following services from March 16, 2020 to April 12, 2023, or until the public health emergency is extended or terminated earlier by the US Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS).
Beginning January 15, 2022, TakeCare is covering FDA-authorized, at-home, over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 test kits through its network pharmacies at no cost to any eligible members until the public health emergency is terminated by the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS). Click here for more details.
TakeCare will cover the administration of FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines without any cost to you, as a TakeCare member, only when provided by a facility, medical clinic, or pharmacy approved to participate in the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (“CDC”) COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, TakeCare covers, at no cost to you as a member, the initial testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) based on CDC’s criteria and physician’s evaluation & determination. TakeCare provides on its website a “CDC COVID-19 SELF-CHECKER” link to the CDC page which lists the symptoms of COVID-19 and other helpful information.
- If you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms but your physician has evaluated and determined that you’ve had close contact or were exposed, for at least 15 minutes, to someone who’s been diagnosed positive for COVID-19, TakeCare covers the initial COVID-19 testing/associated visit (including telemedicine services) at no cost to you as a member.
- TakeCare has expanded its Telemedicine benefit coverage to include audio and video services using a computer, tablet or smartphone in addition to phone consultation for primary and specialist consultation. TakeCare encourages its members to use telemedicine services to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services. When related to COVID-19 testing and associated visit, applicable member share (copay, coinsurance, deductible) is waived. Otherwise, member share applies. (Contact your provider regarding the availability of telemedicine services).
- COVID-19 testing performed by the Guam Department of Public Health (DPHSS) or the CNMI Community-Based COVID-19 Testing Initiative/Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) are not covered by TakeCare. In these cases, the cost the test is borne by these government entities.
***The updates and guidance from DPHSS and the CDC are fluid and ever changing as this 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues. We will adapt our operating procedures and how we apply our benefits accordingly. ***
Effective April 27, 2022, the Contracting & Credentialing Dept 102 will discontinue scheduling Provider(s) appointments for check pickups.
You may reach us through the following e-mails:
Primary e-mail: TC.Provider@takecareasia.com
For urgent Contracting concerns, please correspond with:
Tel: (671) 646-6956 ext. 7164
Mobile: (671) 688-3069
Tel: (671) 646-6956 ext. 7224
Mobile: (671) 688-3069
Clinical Quality, Wellness and Contracting Manager
Tel: (671) 646-6956 ext. 7129
Mobile: (671) 988-3586
Our claims team will continue to receive claims submission electronically via EDI.
- For providers who are currently submitting claims through TakeCare’s EDI system, you may continue to submit claims as is.
For providers that submit manual claims to our office, you may submit claims Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.
For Finance and Check pick-up:
- Courtesy Email notification of check release will be sent for those on pick up list. If not picked up within 5 business days, it will automatically be mailed out on the 6th day
- Pick Up schedule times - 11am-4pm, Monday to Friday (closed during holidays)
- Courtesy Email notification of check release will be sent for those on mailing list
We are continuing to monitor the news, updates, and guidance from DPHSS, World Health Organization, the CDC, and other agencies regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will adapt our operating procedures accordingly. For the latest updates, visit our website or follow us closely on social media.
FHP Health Center
At FHP Health Center, your health and safety are important to us. FHP remains open to serve all of your healthcare and medical needs. To better serve you, we encourage you to keep your appointment with your healthcare provider. We have implemented stringent screening and sanitizing procedures to keep you safe. Come see us! For appointments, call (671) 646-5825 and press 1.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fhphealthcenter/ or website at takecareasia.com.
FHP Revised Hours
Updated Temporary Revised Hours during Covid-19 Pandemic: FHP Health Center is open from 8:00am – 8:00pm, Monday thru Saturdays. CLOSED on Sundays. DLS laboratory at FHP Health Center will mirror FHP’s hours of operation.
Mega Drug III at FHP is open from 8:00am – 6:30pm, Monday thru Fridays. 8:00am – 4:00pm Saturdays. Closed on Sundays.
FHP Vision Center is open from 9:00am - 6:00pm, Mondays thru Saturdays Closed Sundays.
- Telemedicine appointments now available
- Online payment now available
- Same day appointment available
- No appointments needed for Urgent Care
When you arrive:
- In order to comply with local governmental mandates, we will be limiting access to the clinic to patients only. No escorts will be allowed unless necessary for a disabled client. For minors, one adult can escort the patient.
- Before entering the clinic, all patients will be screened and their temperature will be taken. If anyone has a temperature of 100.0 Fahrenheit or higher, they will be asked to reschedule and be seen at FHP Urgent Care.
- There will be a NO MASK, NO ENTRY POLICY. All patients will be required to wear a mask before entering clinic. If you have an infant, please place a blanket over their stroller or car seat. If you have a toddler, apply a scarf to their facial area shielding the nose and mouth area for environmental exposure.
- Effectively immediately, please do not wear a face mask with an exhalation valve/bulb cover in the office or clinic. This mask is intended to make individuals breathe easier but it also allows the virus out. Therefore, it does not protect others from getting covid-19 if the individual wearing it has the virus.
Our clinic will look different when you come in:
- Seating in the lobby will be limited and spaced to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- The front desk check-in area will have clear acrylic sneeze guards to protect patients and staff.
- Each department will be limited to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Our lobby area will routinely undergo a disinfection process using EPA approved disinfection agents.
The way we greet each other will be different than before. We may not be high-fiving, fist-bumping or hugging, but our connection to each other will remain strong during this time. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Our staff will do their best to reach out to every patient to confirm appointments. We will do our best to keep waiting times to a minimum while maintaining new protocols for everyone's safety
FHP Medical Center patients please call (671) 646-5825, press 1 to make an appointment, then press 1 to schedule an appointment or for inquiries.
FHP Dental Center patients please call (671) 646-5825, press 1 to make an appointment, then press 2 to schedule an appointment or for inquiries.
FHP Vision Center patients please call (671) 646-5825, press 1 to make an appointment, then press 3 to schedule an appointment or for inquiries.
FHP Radiology patients please call (671) 646-5825, press 1 to make an appointment, then press 4 to schedule an appointment or for inquiries.
Vision services include:
- Eye Exam with Optometrist
- Any urgent visits will still require patients to call in and schedule an appointment
- Optical Services
- Frame Adjustments
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses orders with a valid prescription
For additional inquiries, please email FHPVision@takecareasia.com.
To make an appointment via email click here.
We understand that you and your family may be anxious about COVID-19. We want to assure you that FHP Health Center has a rigorous infection-prevention protocol that meets local, state, and federal regulations.
Our top priority is to ensure you and your family’s safety at all times. Please, take a moment to determine if you meet any of the following criteria listed below:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Traveled or been near a person who has tested positive in the last 30 days
FHP Medical services are open to serve you. Our medical services are Urgent Care, Adult Medicine, Pediatric, Radiology and Cancer Center
In compliance with CDC and DPHSS COVID-19 guidelines on social distancing, FHP Health Center has temporarily implemented limitations on patient chaperones.
- For minor or pediatric patients – only 1 guardian or parent to accompany patient
- For adult patients – 1 chaperone for elderly and adult that needs assistance.
- For adult able patients – no chaperone allowed
These restrictions may be difficult for patients and their loved ones, but FHP Health Center is taking these necessary steps to protect patients, staff and community. Limiting the number of chaperones is temporary and is being done for the safety of everyone
As a reminder, the best prevention includes washing your hands frequently, observing cough etiquette, stop touching the facial area, maintaining a social distance and avoiding large crowds
Thank you for choosing FHP Health Center for all your health care needs. We will always be committed to protecting your safety while maintaining a high-quality of care.
We’re all in this fight to stop the spread together. Thank you for your cooperation.